Some countries use numeric values mostly ranging from 1-10 for their grade scale instead of the common A-F letter grades. To create and use numeric grades in openSIS, please follow the directions given below:
1. Set a new gradescale with numeric titles.
In the Report Card Grades Setup, create a new gradescale with numeric titles as shown in the screenshot above.
*You may create gradescale with values as required by the institution as this is to serve only as an example.
2. While creating a Course Period, select the Numeric Gradescale.
While setting up the course manager, select the numeric gradescale in the course period as shown above in the image. This entitles the course period to be graded as per the gradescale selected here.
3. Create Assignments and enter grade values as normally.
Teachers can create various assignments for a course period and enter scores for students over individual assignments. The entered scores appear in percentage as well as the numeric grades based on the same.
4. Similarly, while entering the final grades, the numeric grades appear based on the score range for the students along with the percentage score.
When the grading scale is not required at all, grading system will still evaluate scores for students.
1. While creating a Course Period, leave the gradescale as “Not Graded”. You do this by not selecting any gradescale from the drop down menu. This entitles the course period to be graded but not based on any gradescale.
2. Then, when entering the grades for assignments, the actual scores with percentage will appear for the students.
Teachers can create various assignments for a course period and enter scores for students over individual assignments. The scores entered appear in percentage only.
3. Similarly, while entering the final grades, the percentage scores appear for the students.